Noooo, I am not a nutcase just cause I liked listening to some woman give sorta of some insight on some issues. It can be entertaining. But one thing I like are people who speak their mind, I love blunt and that’s what’s missing in Canada. Here, you speak your mind and people shrivel and crawl back into their shell.
I’ve not been listening to Dr. Laura’s radio program for awhile, just got bored with her advice and a lot of times I disagreed with some of her advice. Besides, I was listening via podcast before going to bed and I replaced her in the past month with watching all 4 seasons of ‘Brothers and Sisters’. But now that I am up to date with Bros and Sis, I may go back to listening to her program. I do this an hour before going to bed. As you can tell I am single or else I would be doing something else before going to bed.
I know nothing but radio but I was listening to her program on XM/Sirus Radio, earlier she announced he was not returning to radio and now she recently announced that she’s not leaving radio because XM/Sirus has hired her on, so I am guessing until Dec 31, 2010 XM/Sirus Radio was only given the rights to air it when it was on mainstream radio. And all along I was thinking that why is she being censored when it’s on XM/Sirus Radio, after all it’s the home of Howard Stern and Rush Limbo (whatever his name is) I’ve heard other shows that were just as explicit.
So, like Rosie O’Donnell’s radio program on XM/Sirus Radio and I am sure others it will be aired twice a day, live and the other a repeat and with weekend repeats and highlights.
XM/Sirus is also giving new Dr. Laura subscribers a free car radio.
Here in her words;
Something very scary is starting in this country – in the land of the free that you and I all love – so you need to pay attention.
Four months ago, I said I was ending my terrestrial radio show at the end of the year because I wanted to regain my First Amendment rights. A lot of intellectuals snickered and said I didn’t know what I was talking about – only the government can take away First Amendment rights. I was only being threatened by non-government organizations like Media Matters.
Well, where do you think fascism and censorship start?
They start when one person or one group of people demands another person or another group of people be silenced.
On Monday, I did a lot of interviews. In every interview, I talked about how free speech on radio is in jeopardy, in danger of being regulated – censored – by people who are offended – personally and politically offended – by opinions with which they do not agree. Rather than debate the issues, certain people in this country are suggesting the opinions which offend them should simply be silenced.
You’ve heard how CNN fired Rick Sanchez because he voiced his opinion about Jon Stewart being a bigot.
You’ve heard how NPR fired Juan Williams because he voiced his personal opinion about Muslims and 9/11.
And you say, “Well, that’s still not the government censoring opinion.” Well, listen up, because that’s only the beginning.
On November 17, on the floor of the United States Senate, Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) proposed that the FCC pull the plug on Fox News and MSNBC. He said:
“There’s a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to Fox and to MSNBC, ‘Out. Off. End. Goodbye.’ It would be a big favor to political discourse; to our ability to do our work here in Congress, and to the American people….” That’s what a United States Senator said. Censorship: a big FAVOR to the American people.
Two days after Senator Rockefeller dropped that bomb, Al Sharpton joined the fight for censorship. Al Sharpton, on his radio show (where he has the right to free speech), said “the FCC needs to give guidelines of what is permittable or permitted” to say on radio, and the FCC should “set standards” to make sure “groups of Americans” cannot be offended.
And on Monday, on MSNBC (which, if Senator Rockefeller had his way would NOT exist – I simply exercise my American right not to watch it), Al Sharpton on “The Ed Show” [with Ed Schultz] talked about…ME…and how terrible it was I should still be on the air, and that it was unfortunate I was going to satellite radio where I can’t be REGULATED.
Then, Al Sharpton said this about Rush Limbaugh:
“I’m in Washington tomorrow….we’re going to the FCC. We’re not going to let this go. He [Rush Limbaugh] is not on uncensored satellite. He’s on regulated radio.”
That’s a threat!
Do not kid yourselves. My mother grew up in Fascist Italy and taught me all about it. This is scary. Satellite is uncensored. Radio is regulated and, according to Al Sharpton, regulated means the FCC can censor someone because their opinions are offensive.
- I’ve offended people throughout my career. When I said:
- Abortion that is not for the purpose of saving the life of the mother is killing a baby, some people were offended.
- Interracial adoption (indeed, any adoption) is a blessing, some people were offended.
- Interracial dating and marriage is fine, some people were offended.
- Parents should not excommunicate their gay offspring, some people were offended.
- Children are best served by a married mommy and daddy, some people were offended.
- Women who “shack up” out of wedlock are “unpaid whores,” some people were offended.
- Activist groups are largely tyrannical, destructive groups who cause people to be angry and to isolate themselves, some people were offended.
- The feminist movement (especially the National Organization of “I Don’t Know What Kind of” Women) betrayed women’s nature, some people were offended.
- Unmarried women should not “make babies,” intentionally robbing them of a daddy, some people were offended.
- Getting drunk, going off with some guy, getting naked and getting it on is not date rape, some people were offended.
- Wearing low-cut, tight, revealing sexy clothes and flaunting your sexuality to men, who respond approvingly is not harassment, some people were offended.
- Feminist women who treat their husbands poorly and then complain when husbands stray or leave when it is largely their own doing, some people were offended.
- Focus “studies” courses in colleges and universities are breeding grounds for intolerance, anger, and hate, some people were offended.
- Children who are out of control due to medical and/or psychological conditions, age, or poor parenting should not be present at wedding ceremonies, some people were offended.
Apparently, I just can’t help but offend people!
But these are my opinions. And this is America. And we should all have the right to express our opinions or else this will cease being America as it was envisioned and created.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.